The benchmark in customer service.
Northern Michigan's 'Dealer of Choice'
- Best place to buy a new car or truck – Record-Eagle Hot 100
- Best place to buy a used car or truck – Record-Eagle Hot 100
- Best place to service your vehicle – Record-Eagle Hot 100
- Best brake shop – Record-Eagle Hot 100
- Best place to buy tires – Record-Eagle Hot 100
One of Northern Michigan's largest employers
Over 270 Employees with annual payroll of over $12 million.
We're in the customer service business.
Annual Service Advisor & Technician Incomes
Top 1/3 earn $65,000+
Middle 1/3 earn $40,000 – $60,000
Bottom 1/3 earn $25,000 – $39,000
As a nationwide leader in the auto industry, known for being progressive and leading edge online there are many opportunities for advancement within the BMAG family:
- 8 New Vehicle Franchises
- 4 Used Vehicle Dealerships
- J.D. Byrider (Traverse City & Saginaw)
- Brake & Alignment Plus+
- Northern Michigan Line-X
- Body & Paint Center
- Used Car Tech Center
- Thrifty Car Rental
Benefits you'll love!
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Medical (Priority Health)
- Life Insurance (Employer Paid)
- Accident (AFLAC)
- Illness (AFLAC)
- 401(k) (Employer Matched)
- Employee referral program
- Vehicle referral program
- Reduced rates for vehicle repair
- Reduced rates for vehicle purchase
Positions within our service departments include:
- Service Manager
- Service Advisor
- Express Service Advisor
- Express Technician
- Shuttle Driver
- Appointment coordinator
- Warranty administrator
- BDC (Business Development Center) rep’s
Keys to a successful Sales Career at the Bill Marsh Auto Group
- Honesty/ Integrity – Operate honestly and ethically. Earn trust and maintain confidence. Speak plainly and truthfully.
- Work ethic – Possess a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Develop a track record of working hard.
- High standards/ expectations – Expect personal performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Organization and planning – Plan, organize and schedule in an efficient, productive manner. Operate with a personal business plan. Focus on key priorities.
- Follow through on commitments – Live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost. Do what you say you will do.
- Attention to detail – Be accountable for thoroughness, accuracy and attention to the many important details associated with the job.
- Persistence – Demonstrate tenacity and resolve to achieve success.
- Proactivity – Do not wait to take action. Act without being told what to do.
- Creativity/ Innovation – Generate new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Enthusiasm – Exhibit passion and excitement over work. Have a can-do attitude.
- Openness to criticism and ideas – Solicit feedback and react calmly to constructive criticism or negative feedback.
- Teamwork – Reach out to peers and cooperate with peers and supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship/ environment.
- Persuasion – Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
As part of the Bill Marsh team your success becomes our success. We’re eager to invest in your training, in your equipment, and in you. You bring skills that are valued and encouraged.
As northern Michigan’s largest automotive employer we are driven by a loyal customer base. These are customers who have come to depend on us not only the purchase of a car, but to be assured their investment is well-maintained and safe for their entire family. That customer support will keep you busy and challenged every day.
Bill Marsh will not only support you with competitive wages and full-time benefits, they help supply the tools you need to succeed.
Dealer-paid training: you’ll have access to continuing education with manufacturer-based training. We work with General Motors, Chrysler, Ford and Hyundai service advisors to make sure our technicians are up-to-speed on the latest techniques to keep the cars and trucks in top-notch condition.
Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification: Certification and re-certification is paid for and supported by Bill Marsh.
Quality equipment: You will have access to the latest diagnostic and repair equipment available from the manufacturer. You’ll have instant access to the ever-changing software enhancements. Plus the deep pool of manufacturer experts is quickly available to you by phone or e-mail.
We want you to have a long and successful career as a Bill Marsh Auto Service Technician. Our investment in you pays dividends for you and our company.